Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Faith vs. Unbelief

In Matthew 17:20, when the disciples couldn't heal the demon-possessed boy, Jesus told them it was "because of your unbelief". They had faith in their authority in the Name of Jesus to take action toward healing, but it didn't manifest because of their unbelief. If we look at the parable of the sower in Mark4:19, Jesus talks about the seed being sown among thorns - worries of this world - and being choked out.

When we focus our attention of circumstances and all the things we can possibly choose to worry about, it chokes out the Word. That is unbelief. While we might have faith in God to take positive action in a certain instance, if we allow the cares of this world to become dominant, we won't reap victory because we have allowed unbelief to take over. This is one reason why we are told to meditate on the Word day and night (Joshua 1:8). We need to get enough Word and truth in our eyes and heart so that it comes out of our mouths at the instant we get an attack from the enemy.

Since I have been going to healing school, some of my symptoms have gotten worse! It's typical of a cornered animal to fight harder when it realizes it has no way out. So, I will bump up my confessions of healing even more and continue to speak out loud to those symptoms and demand that my body lines itself up with all the Promises that are yes and Amen for me! (1 Cor 1:20). How long will I do this? Until healing manifests and for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment